10 Things To Know About Crack Sealing
Here are some fun facts you may not know about crack sealing:
- It’s the most cost effective way to maintain your asphalt
- It extends the life of asphalt by preventing water damage to the sub-base
- Cracks need to be cleaned, a steel brush, pressurized air, or even a screw driver can do the job
- Due to winter freezes and spring thaws, some new cracks may appear after each year.
- It is very sticky!
- Crack sealant needs to be heated in a melter until it becomes fluid
- It can be applied to cracks that measure 1/4 inch to 1 inch in diameter
- The best time to rout and seal is during late summer to mid-fall
- After sealant has been poured, it’s best to protect it from traffic for 30-45 minutes
- Crack sealing, if done properly, should provide a minimum service life of five years with no debonding.
Have a question about Crack Sealing for the Sable Asphalt paving experts? Contact us at 1-800-528-9078 or ask your question in the comments below!
No comments yet